A lot of students ask me for tips on how to clear IITJEE and get good rank. Its not possible for me to reply to all of them individually so here I am writing a few points I followed during my studies for IITJEE.
- Study regularly and sincerely.
- Don’t spend all your time on a few topics only. All topics are important.
- Study the NCERT books carefully. Don’t underestimate them.
- Don’t study from a lot of books. Most of the books are similar and have same type of questions so reading them all will just be a waste of time.
Before the exam:
- Practice a lot but don’t keep doing same type of questions again and again.
- Try to solve some previous years’ question papers to test your accuracy and speed.
- Try to find the area in which you are making most mistakes and work on it.
During the exam:
- Remain calm while attempting the paper.
- If you can’t solve a question at first, leave it and come back to it later. Don’t waste all your time on a single question.
- Most important, don’t make mistakes while copying your answers from question paper to the answer sheet.
Disclaimer: The above list is by no means exhaustive. Its only to provide a basic guide to preparation.
P.S: There is no use contacting me personally for doubts. I will most probably not return emails.